The World Drum Corps Hall of Fame has a scholarship program for the direct benefit of its membership. Annually, one or more scholarships will be issued at the sole discretion of the WDCHOF Executive Board. The dollar value of this award is subject to funds availability and is determined annually by the WDCHOF Executive Board.
Anyone interested in donating to the Scholarship Fund can send a check to World Drum Corps Hall of Fame, PO Box 357, Pine Brook, NJ 07058.
Who is Eligible?
- Any student is eligible who is pursuing higher education and is recommended by a WDCHOF member in good standing. A member in good standing is defined as a member, regular or associate, who has remitted his/her annual pledge for the year in which they apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a high school or college student, or, if the applicant is not a student, they must be a current active member of a drum and bugle corps.
- The applicant, or sponsor for the applicant, using the application form on the WDCHOF website, must send the completed form, along with the two required letters of recommendation, to the Scholarship Committee Chair via U.S. mail.
- Scholarship Award application deadline is July 1 of each year.
How Do I Apply, and What Are the Deadlines?
Eligible Candidates must apply in the following manner:
- The WDCHOF member or the eligible beneficiary must complete the application. The Scholarship Award application deadline is July 1. The applications may require verification of education and/or other important items.
- A letter of recommendation from the WDCHOF member and a second letter from someone independent of the WDCHOF are required.
- The WDCHOF membership will be verified through the Executive Board.
- When an application package is received the applicant will be notified by the WDCHOF Scholarship Committee Chair.
- If you have questions about the Scholarship application, contact the Scholarship Committee representative, Rick Anderson, at email@example.com. Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a notification that the application was received. Scholarship(s) award will be announced by August 1.
- Completed application form and the two required letters of recommendation must be received by July 1 in order to be considered.
Who Selects the Scholarship Awardee(s)
The Selection Committee is appointed by the Executive Board for a two year term and consists of three members of the WDCHOF and a Chair who are not eligible to participate in the program in the years they are on the committee. The Selection Committee is responsible for the confidential review of each applicant’s file. They determine the Scholarship awardee(s). All decisions are final.
How Will Applications Be Judged? – Criteria
The WDCHOF scholarship award provides assistance to students who are recommended by WDCHOF members. The student so defined must be high school students going on to college, current college students or current members of the drum corps community and exhibit typical core values including:
- Academic commitment
- Charitable/Community Service
- Drum Corps Participation/experience
- Band Participation/experience
The Selection Committee judges applications based on the above values. There will be no examination of the prospective awardee(s) with respect to financial need or other personal matters. Educational and other claims will be verified by the committee during review.
Awarding the Scholarship(s)
- Decision Date -The Scholarship Committee will make its decision by August 1. The successful applicant(s) will be notified by e-mail and phone call from the Committee Chair immediately thereafter. The awardee(s) will be mentioned in the WDCHOF Yearbook, provided time is sufficient for inclusion.
- Presentation to the awardee(s) will take place at the WDCHOF Banquet Ceremony.
- The awardee(s) need not be present for the presentation. The award(s) will be narrated by President of the WDCHOF at the banquet.
Scholarship Application PDF Form